Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sweethearts Ball

Jaren and I have been going to the Stake Valentines Dance for 16 years this year and every year he does less and less.  The dance was our very FIRST date.  We went with a couple that live by us and it was fun.  Jaren didn't do a whole lot but I did some line dancing, he didn't even want to slow dance with me, one time I finally got him to dance with me and he complained that his back was hurting and wanted to sit down so we sat down pretty much the whole night.  I think it was a kick of reality that we can't do things like we used to.  I don't know how many more we can go to it is hard to sit and watch all these couples dance and have fun and we just sit on the chairs and watch.  It is hard to think that we used to actually know how to do a lot of dancing and we were pretty good at it.  The couple that we doubled with was very nice and they can dance it was nice I just wish that Jaren would have been able to do more. 

I know it's a "Sweethearts" Ball but I wished they could have played more line dancing songs so that I wasn't sitting all night long.  Oh well, maybe we shouldn't go anymore it gets harder and harder every year. 

1 comment: