Sunday, July 17, 2011

how much more.......

I am so done with fighting, how much more fighting do I have to take before I totally lose my patience? I am getting to the point where I can't take much more before I freak out.  I made them ALL go to bed early tonight because today has been nonstop fighting.  Jaren doesn't think he has to help with anything at all and he has been downstairs in his bedroom playing nintendo of course ALL DAY so I have had to deal with the fighting and whining alone, I know he can't do much to help anyway, but it would be nice for him to at least be upstairs with me and back me up when I can't take anymore.  It was nice to not have Jaren involved in the fighting because usually he IS involved he is usually the one that starts it.  I am not sure how much more I can take before I go to work again next week for a couple weeks, I don't know if I am going to be able to leave the kids home together, but I know for a fact that I can't leave the kids and Jaren home together.  I am not sure what is going on with the kids but they can't seem to get along at all.   I haven't taken him back to the daycare lately because I can't afford it but I have taken the kids to a sports activity at the local rec center to get some of their energy out and it seemed to help for 1 day.  I wish I could do that more for the kids they get to swim and meet new friends but I just can't do it that often because it gets pricey and I have not had any work since June 1st.  I go back on July 26th for summer school for 2 weeks and then I am off again for another couple weeks, we have made it work and we have been able to get the things that we need and hope that we can continue to be blessed with the things that we need.

His swallowing is getting worse I think it takes him forever to eat anything lately, he can't eat spicy food anymore his mouth and stomach can't take it.  The other day I caught him with his insulin pump off and his shirt off I asked him why his pump was off and why his shirt was off and he just shrugged his shoulders and said he didn't know, I said why is you pump off? he said I felt good today I thought I wasn't a diabetic anymore, I asked him then why his shirt was off and he said I really can't explain that one.  I told him that diabetes doesn't work that way it doesn't just go away for one day and he needs to keep that on, it could kill him if he left it off and I hadn't have seen it off. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Jamie life is so not fair! It really does get pricey trying to find ways to entertain the kids all summer. My kids have not had much of an exciting summer. They have their chores to do and fortunately we do have a small swimming pool which Hannah spends a lot of time in and Calvin spends his extra time reading. It would sure be nice to have someone call and ask if they could take the kids to the museum, movie, the city pool or the park or something. Those are things I just can't do because Tabitha & Gummy don't enjoy them that much or it's to hot for them or whatever. I can only take them if I have my respite person here and when she's here that's when I have to go to appointments or run my errands etc. It would be nice to have relatives or friends take an interest and show they care. I guess I would like less words and more action. I would take it upon myself to ask but I feel like I'm busy enough already and arranging playdates and taking the kids to them is more than I have time or energy for.
    I don't understand why Jaren doesn't qualify for a daycare program! But yet again I don't understand how my daughter doesn't qualify for Developmental Disabilities. Amazing how all the programs are so messed up and don't work the way they should!
    Hugs to you Jamie your doing a great JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cindy,
    I don't understand a lot that goes on for help with disabled people. I get so frustrated with it.
    I am very thankful for some good people that live in my ward, I have a neighbor that takes the kids once a month so that I can have time for myself, it is very nice.
    I also get frustrated with some people that say they will do something and then they don't follow through, I don't have time for false promises, I just wish if they can't do it or don't want to do it that they would just tell me. It is hard to tell people what you want them to do because I don't even know half the time I just get up in the morning and do my thing and go to bed so I can start all over in the morning. Thanks for your words of encouragement. You are an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete