Thursday, October 6, 2011

Don't try this at home!!

Jaren has been in a LOT of pain this week he has had a hard time even getting out of bed.  I took him into the Neurologist this week and the doctor wants me to give him Aleve for 10 days until the gabapentin levels are back up.  I have to admit I am terrible with giving him meds when I get home from work in the afternoon so they think his levels are dropping I am not sure if that is what the deal is though Lortab isn't even touching the pain and the Aleve isn't doing anything either, he can't even walk.  It is hard to see him in so much pain.  I have been so busy this week with appts and parent teacher conference and work that I have only had time to be home long enough to give him some pain meds. 

The neurologist appt was on Tuesday at noon so I had to leave work a little early that day and when I got home I could smell something horrible so I asked him what the smell was and he said he had cooked an egg I said oh why does it smell so bad? he said the egg kind of blew up.  I walked into the kitchen and about died, he thought he could boil eggs in the microwave, well needless to say they blew up and blew the microwave door open and there was egg and egg shells EVERYWHERE.  He felt so bad, I just had to chuckle because I couldn't get mad at him, I told him he can no longer use any appliance while I am not home and he said ok I will try not too, I asked him if he was going to remember what happened and to never boil eggs in the microwave? and he said "probably not." at least he is honest!! When I finally had a minute to clean up the mess I had him help me so that he would realize what a huge mess it was.  We went to use the microwave and it turns on but does not cook anything so we have to switch it out.  So my advice to anyone reading this is: Don't try boiling eggs in the microwave, unless you want to clean up a mess, and not have a microwave anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment