Sunday, November 28, 2010

So much to be Thankful for

With Thanksgiving just this last week I have been thinking about what I am thankful for. I have so much to be Thankful for, I am thankful for my kids and that we are still able to enjoy Jaren and that he still knows who we are. I am thankful for my health without it I probably wouldn't be able to handle the things that I am dealing with right now. I am thankful for the friends that we have and for the many hours that they kidnap me and take me out for an hour or so. I am thankful for my family that helps me with the kids and Jaren so much and that they don't complain when I call and ask them to do things for me. I am thankful for the job that I have and for the bosses that I work with, they are so understanding of my situation that I know I am meant to work there.

I am thankful for the new friends that we made this last month, she knows exactly what I am going through her husband acts the exact same as Jaren, She is a huge support to me, we can talk and now exactly what the other is saying. Jaren and her husband get along really well, the first day we met them Jaren said to me "I wish we lived closer to them, he would probably be my best friend." they have a daughter that is 5 days younger than RaKelle and they understand each other also, they can relate to each other, there are not many friends out there that have to hold their dad's hand to cross the street, or babysit their dad when their mom has things to get done.

Sometimes it is hard to be thankful for things that can not be helped, I am thankful for the blessings and the many people that have come into my life because of MLD but I can NOT say that I am thankful for the disease it is hard to sit back and watch your husband act in a childish way and not know why he is doing the things he does. I try not to dwell on the negative side of the disease but lately I have not had a choice, to be on Hospice he has to be declining physically and so we have had to watch every little thing that has declined in his abilities to do anything, he has to recertify for Hospice every 2 months so now that we are done with the recert for hospice hopefully we can start looking at the positive again for a couple of months at least to get us through the holidays.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you find so much to be thankful for.
    You're in my prayers. Let me know if I can do anything else practical for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminding myself of my blessings has also been so helpful to me. I do have many blessings. I also hate this illness and there in NO way anyone will convince me that I should give thanks for it. I only give thanks from the things I learn from it and how it helps me improve myself. I hope you have a great holiday season!

    ReplyDelete