Friday, February 4, 2011

Hello Reality, Welcome to the Gordon House

This week has been crazy and a bit of a reality check for us.  Jaren has been having a hard time with bladder control so we called hospice and they of course were really good and brought some stuff to help out with that, We also made an appointment with McDougal Mortuary and met with them today, that was the real reality check, WOW I knew funerals were expensive but I guess you don't realize HOW expensive they are until you sit down and crunch the numbers.  The lady we met with was really, really sweet and she cared about the situation it seemed, and was so very, very helpful, we picked out caskets and we were put on a payment plan so that I won't have to come up with the money all at once.  I was surprised at how they made it so comfortable to talk about without making it horrible to think about and to plan.  I am so glad we took this important step in the planning and preparing process now I will know for sure what he wants and I DO NOT have to make all of the decisions by myself.  I am really shocked at how they can work payments out for any budget the payments are very reasonable and doable.  It was still very hard to think about, we are still young I should not have to be planning a funeral, I know, I know you should always prepare for stuff like this, BUT I think it would be much easier if we didn't HAVE to think about it and that we could plan it because we wanted to not because we know what is coming!!

After we met with the mortuary I had to take another trip to the Doctor, this time for me.  I have a really bad sinus infection and I let it go on to long because I have had a dull headache for about a month and just figured it was stress, I woke up this morning and my top teeth hurt so bad and my face felt like it was going to blow up.  What a long day!!  The hard part about being sick and being a mom and a caregiver is I don't get a day off I still have things that need to be done and people to take care of, so hopefully the meds will work really quick and I will be feeling better really soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment