Sunday, March 31, 2013

changes for Jaren

Jaren is not doing so well the pain is almost unbearable he has a hard time getting up in the morning we have to help him out of bed.  His memory is getting worse he can't remember things that happen at all, the other day he had a hard time remembering who RaKelle was it seems to take his brain a lot longer to process things than it use to.  I am trying to be patient with him but sometimes it is very hard and frustrating that he doesn't know what I am saying to him and we can't have a conversation like regular people.  We ended up at Instacare today because I thought he had pneumonia again because his sugars have been crazy, and the last 3 times he had pneumonia his blood sugars were high and he didn't have a fever or a cough luckily today everything looked clear.  Maybe I freak out about stuff like that but the worry on my kids face when his sugars are high is not fun to watch, it was to scary the last time he was hospitalized and I don't want to relive that again.  He has a hard time getting dressed by himself because of the pain, he acts more like a kid everyday, he laughs at things that are not funny but to a kid (or him) they are funny.  

I have to write a conversation I overheard between Jaren and his sister, she came to visit the other day I had a hard time not laughing out loud.  This is how it went

"I decided to come and see my brother before he disowned me." 
Jaren "it's to late I already did" 

She didn't know what to think or say, with him being so childlike his honesty is really showing, he says it like it is and if you don't like it to bad, he doesn't have a filter anymore and he doesn't realize he could be hurting someones feelings, he seems to do that to the kids a lot he can't tell when he hurts feelings.  He can't carry on a conversation anyway but he can sure add his two sense in when he feels like it.

Our home teacher came and took him to the Oz movie and he enjoyed it so much, I asked the guy that took him if he did ok and he said you can definitely tell that he is having a harder time sitting still, and he said that the next time he will take him when it doesn't have so many people because he could tell it overwhelmed him and he got really anxious.  I am so grateful for the people that help me and take him out, so that I can have some time to myself.  He won't be able to do it much anymore if things keep going to way they are going so I will enjoy it while I can.  He is NOT fun to watch TV with or a movie, he comments about everything and he laughs really loud at parts that aren't that funny, he always looks at the kids or I and laughs and says some kind of comment, we have learned to just ignore it unless he gets out of control and then I have to tell him to calm down a little bit, he usually complies and does it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment