Thursday, August 11, 2011

getting RaKelle ready for camp

This week has been crazy.  I am trying to get RaKelle ready for beehive camp and I am having a hard time she wants to go so bad she saved her own money to go, BUT she can't have sleepovers, we have tried so many times and she calls in the middle of the night in tears to come and get her, she has been so excited but Jaren hasn't been doing very well the last few weeks.  I talked with the bishop and the young womens president and the bishop are trying to get it approved to allow RaKelle to call home from camp once a day to make sure that her dad is not dying while she is at camp and that we are doing fine and she needs to enjoy herself.  I can't imagine what it must feel like for the kids to go somewhere even if it is familiar and not know if there dad will be here when they get back, that has got to be the worst feeling in the world.  I try to understand what they are feeling, but this one is a hard one.

I went back to work for a few weeks, and now I am off again for 2 weeks then I go back again.  He is just getting used to the new schedule with the kids being gone while I am at work and then I am off again so I hope he can adjust again when I start working again, the next time will be more permanent though so he should be ok.  I am getting worried, he is not eating, which makes his blood sugars bottom out and he is also struggling with using the bathroom, we went with some friends and she told me that Jaren looked horrible and that I should probably take him to see a doctor.  I took him in and they can't figure out why he isn't urinating he is still drinking the same, and they don't know why he won't eat.  He says he just isn't hungry.  The doctor treated him for a prostate infection and put him on prilosec for acid reflux to see if that helps, so the medicine count goes up for awhile until they figure out what else to do.  I have to take him back in 2 weeks for a follow up to see if he is doing any better.  He seems to be really down lately as well I don't know what to do for him though because he can't tell me what is wrong and why he is so down and quiet.

My friend and I were in need of a big break so we thought about what we could do with our spouses so that we could get some time to visit alone, so last Saturday we took Jaren and Noel to the movie got them tickets and our girls wanted to go to a movie so they walked their dads into their movie got them in there seats and went to their movie and my friend and I went to dinner ALL ALONE, it was the nicest night we have had in a long, long time.  Her brother is so good about being so willing to keep and eye on the two of them but it is hard to keep track of them together, they really like being together and they have a lot of fun together but sometimes WE need a break from both of them and we like to do things together so that we can talk about the struggles we are going through.  I am so grateful that Amy and I were able to meet and get to know each other it is so nice to have a shoulder to cry on that knows exactly how I am feeling, we have a lot of fun together.

No comments:

Post a Comment