Friday, August 26, 2011

Doctor follow-up.....Dog????? and school starts

I took Jaren in for a follow-up appointment today with Dr. Richards and it went pretty well, he is not losing weight so he isn't worried about him not eating at this point.  He did say though that he is worried about him being home while I am at work, he told me that we need to get a dog even if it is just for a companion for Jaren so he doesn't get lonely, which is not a bad idea but I don't know if I want to care for a dog at the Gordon house we can barely keep track of the humans here, the kids were so excited they couldn't stand it.  He also told me that he would write a perscription for it, I guess he really wants us to have a dog, so now we have to get it approved with our landlord and then start looking, where do I find a dog that is well behaved and will keep Jaren company while I am at work, they have dogs that detect low and high blood sugar which would be perfect for him but that could take many months to get approved with everything that has to be approved.  I am just worried about what it takes to care for a dog. 

School starts on Monday and I am so ready for it to start, the fighting is getting annoying.  RaKelle will be in middle school (I can't believe how fast they grow) and she actually went to school yesterday for a few hours they allow 7th graders to go before school starts and go to all of their classes and they have an assembly and prizes before the 8th and 9th graders come, she has been so ornery I am ready to rip my hair out, she is sassy to me about everything and she yells at anyone that is making her upset, next week should be really fun when she is overwhelmed with school starting and exhausted, I CAN'T WAIT (not)! I did go talk with her counselor at school to let her know of our situation and she was very understanding and told me that she would call her in to her office and talk with her and let her know that if she ever just needs to talk even if it is in the middle of a class her door is always open. 

Ashlyn will be in the 5th grade and she is very excited.  We went and met with her counselor last week and came up with some plans that will allow her to feel comfortable going to school and not worrying about her dad at home, he told me that it would be appropriate for her to be able to call home and check on him when she can't stop thinking about things but he also told her that if she abused that privilege and called to much she would have to lose it.  I think this will help her not be so crabby about going to school and I won't have to fight with her anymore to go.  She has Mr. Patrick this year and she is really excited because he was her teachers friend from last year.  I hope she will do well this year and she will enjoy school.

Braxton starts 2nd grade, I can't believe he is my baby, his teacher is Mrs. Selk and she sent him a postcard the other day and he carried it around with him for the rest of the day, he loved it.  I hope that he will be able to go to school and not worry to much about Jaren, he hasn't seemed to have the problems with going to school like Ashlyn has.  Before I know it he will be going away to college!! I am not ready for my baby to be all grown up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment