Monday, July 8, 2013

No Electronics Day / Girls Camp

A couple of weeks ago I was so sick of the T.V. and the Nintendo being on 24/7 and all of the fighting, I decided that we were going to have a no electronic day.  It was the best decision ever I made sure Jaren went to the center that day so that he wouldn't whine about not being able to play his DS and the kids wouldn't yell at him for trying to play it over and over.  We got so much done that day and there were little fights but ones that didn't get out of control and there were no tears!! I am going to try and do that more but I have to make sure that it is a day that Jaren won't be home. 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Girls Camp


RaKelle and Ashlyn left for camp this morning and Jaren is very sad and he keeps saying he is going to miss them.  It is going to be really weird with only Braxton at home the entire week but it will be nice and quiet and no fighting except for Jaren and Braxton.  I will miss the girls like crazy but I think this will be perfect for Ashlyn.  She does not go very far without me and it will be good for her to be with other people instead of with me and RaKelle got to go with her so she will still be with a family member.  The will have a great time and their relationship with each other will get stronger!! (I can hope, right?)

Last night as we were finishing their packing everyone started fighting and I had, had it.  I told them that we were going to sit and stare at each other until we came up with a solution to stop yelling and fighting.  They finally stopped and started getting along.  They asked if they could play one game on the WII before they had to leave so I said yes and then it was time for bed.  Jaren decided he wanted to play with them and their conversation was hilarious I sat on the couch and just listened to them it went something like this:

RaKelle: "dad don't push any buttons yet."
Dad: "ok," (he then pushes a button and laughs)
RaKelle: " Dad I said don't push any buttons, put your remote down until it is all set up"
Dad: "ok" ( he set his remote down)

Ashlyn: "what player do you want dad?"
Dad: "I don't care"\
Ashlyn: "ok how about you be this guy?"
Dad: "ok"

First game starts of a mini game series
RaKelle: "nobody push buttons I am going to explain how to play it by reading the directions."
Everyone: "ok" (nobody pushed buttons, YET)
RaKelle: "you push A to jump and C to shoot"
(Jaren then starts pushing the buttons and that they just told him about and it messes it up and starts the game before everyone is ready)
RaKelle: " I told you not to push buttons"
Dad: " I didn't mean too I'm sorry" (head hangs down)
Ashlyn: "its ok Dad would you like some help getting you guy to the finish line?"
Dad: "yes please"

The end of the race and Jaren did NOT win and Ashlyn got all excited and said
"Dad, good job you finished in 4th place"
Jaren: yeah!!!
(there were only 4 players!!)

It was so funny to listen to them explain things and then get frustrated because he wouldn't listen and then be all excited for him when he got 4th place out of 4 players!! I wished I would have recorded the conversation.  I really need to invest in a recorder to take to appointments and to record funny things that they say to each other!

1 comment:

  1. I always loved days I declared "No electronics" days. Glad it worked for you.
    Les

    ReplyDelete