Saturday, March 27, 2010

Letters to the Kids

I have been thinking a lot about things I can do to prepare myself and the children for the dreaded day when Heavenly Father will call Jaren back home and we will no longer be together here on the earth, so talking to the counselor I have been taking the girls to suggested writing letters to each other so I decided to write some letters to the kids and later to Jaren.

Dear RaKelle, Ashlyn, and Braxton,
I am writing this letter to you to let you know how much I love you and that your father loves you too. We are so happy that you decided to come and join our family. We have been through a lot together these last couple years I know it has been hard for you guys to watch your dad go through what he is going through. I would like you to know how amazing you all are for dealing with this disease with such a good attitude and I want you to know that we are in this together and you will never ever be alone I will always be here to answer any questions you have, and your Heavenly Father will never ever leave you alone you just need to ask for his comfort and help. I know we will be together forever as a family.
I want you to also know that I am so proud of everything you guys have done and what you will do. Always know that I will always love you and no matter what happens Dad will always be your DAD nobody will ever take the place of you father and that I will try my very hardest to be the best mom that you will have, I know some days will be difficult just try to understand that I am trying to cope with everything right along with you guys and we will get through tough times together. Dad will always love you and he knows that you guys were sent to our family for a reason and that he tries to do everything he can to protect you and to make sure you are taking care of.
I want you to know that dad will probably not always remember who you are but in his heart he will know exactly who you are and he will love you forever and he never wants to let you down. RaKelle, Ashlyn, and Braxton you are the best kids anyone could ever ask for and you are so special to us and if we had to do it all over again we would do things the exact same way. Sometimes people have trials that are harder than others but know that trials are given to us to help us learn, everything happens for a reason and we know that you were sent to us because of your strong personalities and your way of dealing with tough things that are put in front of you. You guys are amazing with all of the responsibility that you have been placed with. I am so thankful that you are part of our eternal family and that we will be together forever. I will always be here to answer questions or a listening ear even in the middle of the night. You will get older and things will probably get harder but I know if we stick together as a family we will get through it.
Love Always,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment