Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hospice

I was tired of waiting for the nurse from the neurologist office to call me with information for Hospice/palliative care so I researched it myself and called a hospice/palliative care place asking for info they immediately sent out a nurse and a social worker to help our family live with this disease. The nurse came out and explained everything to us and she stated that they are here to help us I was a little worried at first because they say that hospice is the end of life care that scared me a little bit but when she explained it to me she said that it is for people like Jaren that have a terminal illness and there is no treatment for it. The social worker came out yesterday and talked with us about different things that might be worth checking into for some resources in the community, not only that but she stated that she would do the calling for me so that I don't have to get so discouraged, what a relief that is for me. A different nurse came out yesterday because our nurse is on vacation and she was asking Jaren some questions I left the room and he told her some things about his pains and things that I had no idea about. He was having a lot of pain in his leg yesterday and he rated it a 10 on the pain scale I had no clue he was in that much pain, she stated that she was going to call the doctor and get him something stronger for pain. He also told her that he is having a harder time walking and she asked him if he would like a cain and he said "yes" I had no clue he was feeling like that, I think he is trying to keep me sheilded from how he is really in that much pain. I guess I will leave the room everytime they come over but stay close so that I can hear everything that is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment