Saturday, August 7, 2010

August 7, 2010

This week has been crazy! so much to do and so little time. Jaren is now walking with a cane and it has helped him a lot, he is also on a medication that helps with nerve pain, we were told that the disease is eating away at his muscles so the new medication will help with that. The hospice nurse also brought out an E kit(emergency kit) which has morphine in it for instant relief hopefully that will help with the terrible pains he has been having in his legs, it also has medication for sleeping at night you know there is a problem when he wakes up at 3 AM and plays nintendo and thinks it is morning and has only had 3 hours of sleep because he has a hard time sleeping at night. I have a hard time staying awake with him at night because I am exhausted by the time night time comes and I need my sleep he can sleep during the day and I can't usually because I have kids to take care of.

I did have a great week with friends this week I was able to go to dinner with a childhood friend and she works for a neurologist so she was able to help me understand some of the things that Jaren is going through. It was so much fun catching up with each other I hope we can keep in touch and do that more often.

We were also able to go spend the evening at Cherry Hill with the ward for a ward party that was so much fun, we enjoyed ourselves a lot we enjoyed hanging out with the ward and going swimming.

The summer is coming to an end and I am not looking forward to the kids going back to school, we have enjoyed being together so much that it will be difficult to have a quiet house again they will all be in school all day now. We are looking forward to the rest of the summer with many family reunions and some camping. It is hard to believe that the summer is almost over.

No comments:

Post a Comment