Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Letters to Dad

We have been finding ways to keep memories of Jaren we have decided that each of the kids will keep a notebook that they will write letters to Jaren in and then he will read the letters and write back to them in the same notebook and they will have letters from him that they will cherish forever, they have agreed to share a letter on this blog for all of you to read. RaKelle wrote a letter to him first and so I will share one of her letters and then when Ashlyn and Braxton finish theirs I will post them.

Dear Dad,
I know this is wierd to read but it has to come out and I can't say it, it...it's hard to say adn write but... it's gonna happen, and I am gonna miss you the second it happens. I never wanted you to leave me so soon I expected you to die at 100 or over but never under 100 I hope you don't mind me saying this but.... can you tell me on the letter back why do people have to die in vien, why do people feel hurt when someone dies?

Love,
RaKelle

that is word for word. I hope that this will be something that will help all of us cope with this disease and what is to follow when he gets worse and I want the children to know that anything they want to say to Jaren or to me will always be worth it, and that we will listen to what they have to say and help them know that they are loved and that we will make it through this together no matter what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment