Tuesday, May 18, 2010

May 18, 2010

I am still trying to figure out a way to get some assistance. It looks like the only way that we will be able to get assistance is by moving Jaren into a rest home for 90 days and while he would be in there I would need to get a business license and my CNA in order to get any assistance. So the question would be do we do that? To me it doesn't seem logical for a couple of reasons 1-It would be hard on the kids to move him out for 90 days and then back in after 90 days, 2-what would I do for income during those 90 days his disability payments would probably have to go for paying the home, medicaid is not going to cover it they won't even cover a day care program for him to go to so that I can work because he isn't disabled enough for that program. 3-We would have to have his doctor state that it is a necessity to move him into a home, she won't even put him on Alzheimer's meds she is not going to put him in a home. 3-the kids are already having a hard time knowing that their father will not be with them for long and then they want me to move him out and then back in, yeah we would still be able to see him daily but that is so hard more time for him away means more memory problems and he may not remember who they are. So as of now this option is not something I am going to put time and effort into yet. If I am supposed to be home for something then it will all work out, I don't know when but something will happen, I don't know when but something will be definantly worth all this trouble that we have had.

1 comment: